It is 3 o'clock in the afternoon. You can barely keep your eyes open. The more you try, the harder it is to stay awake. You don’t want to drift off to sleep because you have little time to do so. You think it wouldn’t do you any good and be a waste of time? Righe? Not quite.
Napping is really good for you.
I am going to share with you 9 CONVINCING Benefits of Napping. WHY you need to nap daily goes beyond simply replenishing the sleep missed out on last night or last week. Napping has more powerful benefits.
In fact, getting a few zzzz’s in the middle of your day is just what the doctor ordered. For one thing, stress reduction. For another it's called a power nap that gives you a power boost.
And as far as personal development is concerned, a short nap goes a long way.
As busy lifestyles rise, stress levels go up and the nation is becoming more sleep deprived.
The benefits of napping will definitely take the edge off but it will not make up for insufficient night-time sleep. Getting your 7-8 hours in has many over all health and wellness/anti-aging benefits and I encourage you to find out more.
But taking a 10-30 minute nap can help to improve 1. Mood, 2. Alertness, and 3. Performance. This is demonstrated by some very influential people like John F. Kennedy, Albert Einstein, and Thomas Edison. These people are very much afternoon “nappers".
Kennedy, Einstein and Edison? Nappers? Yes indeed! Nappers. Not to be confused with rappers.
I bet I have your attention now! So lets move on the the other 6 of 9 Convincing Benefits of Napping daily. Why you need to nap daily no longer needs to be a mystery to you.
In fact soon you will start planning daily napping into your schedule.
Please, read on.......
4. Less mistakes and accidents, increase alertness. A study on sleepy military pilots and astronauts at NASA who took a 40 minute nap improved their performance by 34% and alertness by 100%.
5. Improves learning and working memory. It also improves memory retention. A good memory is needed in working on complex tasks.
6. Amplifies your senses and creativity. Sensory perception is improved as it would when you get a good night’s sleep. So if the food tastes better after your nap, this is the reason why. And since napping unties the web ideas in your head and melding contrasting views together, it rallies your creativity.
7. Burnout prevention and invert information overload.
Since napping increases productivity, it is wise to get a 20-30 minute nap than pushing the hours because you have too much to do. By doing so, you will return to your work refreshed and not feel burnt out.
8. Prevents stress, improves health. We all know that sleep deprivation causes stress because of excess Cortisol (stress hormone). The stress can cause physical issues like abdominal fat, weak muscular and immune systems, and the like. This can also lead to diabetes and heart disease.
9. Savings. No more over the counter boosts like fancy coffee. Napping is free.
Despite of these amazing benefits, napping can also cause negative ones if you haven't mastered the "art" of napping.
How do you do conquer the ART of napping?
Just make sure you stick to short period naps and the right timing. If you take a nap very late in the day, this may disrupt your night-time sleep.
Try it out a few times during the week. If it makes you feel better, then daily napping is a very good tool for you to use for personal development including better concentration, more creativity, less stress, fewer mistakes and improved memory. And lets not forget improved mood, alertness and performance!
Though napping may seem harmless, I would still recommend you consult with your physician if you are having a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep.
Sleeping is vital to your health and an important part of your anti-aging lifestyle to keep you looking and feeling 10 years younger!
Love to hear your thought on this article. Please pass this article, 9 Convincing Benefits of Napping —why you need to nap daily on to your friends. Especially if they kid you or question you about your daily kat nap! You just might get them to be a believer and a daily napper too, once they have read this article!
Till next time,