Hair - Ever wonder why you can’t grow long, luscious locks? The average person looses 100 hairs in a day: you lose it when you wash it; you lose it when you brush it, and it falls out throughout the day.
Sometimes your hair also just simply breaks off and falls out as you go through your day.
Wanna know why?
Lack of protein is one big reason. Your hair is made up of protein. Hair needs protein to grow.
In many cases it is becuase your hair is slowing down it's growth cycle.
Medications and or hair care products and styling negatively impact your hair.
Becuase the foods you eat, or don't eat, are not giving your body the nutrients it needs such as zinc, biotin, b-vitamins, omega's and iron to fortify, enhance and strengthen your hair.
I am a firm believer and know the POSITIVE IMPACT feeding your body nutrient dense food can have.
I also know there are many specific, targeted foods, including lentils (rich in vitamin b, biotin and protein) and the others listed below you can add to your diet that can function as a hair loss treatment.
Not only can these foods improve the health of your hair, in some cases they can even speed up hair growth. And guess what, they taste great too!
So, let's dive into my latest blog: 6 Yummie Foods that Fight Hair Loss 1. Spinach Did you know that adding this yummie green to your salad or sandwich can have incredible effects on your hair? Here is how spinach helps with hair gain:
• Increased Iron - The main cause of hair loss is iron deficiency, so increasing iron in your diet helps!
• Increased Sebum - Sebum works as a natural conditioner, leaving your hair soft and luscious. Spinach is rich in Vitamin A, D and E - all important for sebum production.
2. Collagen Protein
You know I am a big proponent of gelatin and the rich, collagen protein it possesses. We all need protein to keep our hair healthy, strong and growing.
Collagen Protein is different from plant protein in that it contains the most important amino acids (glycine, proline, hydroxyproline and argenine) which are essential for long, beautiful healthy hair, skin and nails.
If you are looking for a yummie food that fights hair loss, try out my Triple K, a Collagen Protein Instant Beverage Blend with the right amino acids to help keep your hair looking beautiful plus give you other beauty benefits as well.
3. Dried Apricots Another yummie food that fights hair loss is dired apricots. Dried Apricots are Iron rich and help produce a healthy amount of Sebum, both necessary for hair loss prevention.
Here are a few of their other beneficial ingredients:
• Antioxidants - Antioxidants are important because they destroy free radicals that can cause damage to your hair, including hair loss.
• Vitamin A - Is itchy scalp a cause of your hair loss? Vitamin A can prevent this.
4. Almonds Almonds are another terrific food as a hair loss treatment and a great food to fight hair loss.
They are rich and delicious and able to improve hair growth by as
much as 50% and reduce the likelihood of hair breakage.
Here are some of its beneficial ingredients:
• Biotin - Biotin is a B-vitamin, but it is one essential to hair health. This is because it improves the health of hair follicles and your scalp, to prevent hair loss in the first place.
• B-vitamins - A healthy amount of B-vitamins contributes to hair growth and also keeps the scalp healthy. 5. Walnuts
Walnuts are another “super food” for hair. Like almonds, they are high in Biotin and B vitamins.
Their other beneficial ingredients include:
• Protein - A Protein deficiency is a major factor for hair loss, so be sure that you are getting plenty of this nutrient in your diet.
• Vitamin E - The amount of Vitamin E in walnuts allows the vitamin to work as an antioxidant, preventing free radicals from damaging the scalp and hair follicles to reduce hair loss. 6. Oats Number 5 on our list of hair loss treatments that fight hair loss is Oats, which is high in Protein, Iron,
Fiber, and more. These ingredients are the reason you should add it to your diet:
• Omega-6 fatty acids - This group of fats has the ability to stimulate hair growth, which can leave you with a fuller head of hair.
• Zinc - A deficiency of Zinc can weaken your hair follicles, leading to hair loss. Get plenty of this nutrient in your diet for prevention!
So ladies, there you have it. 6 Yummie Foods that Fight Hair Loss. The perfect hair loss treatment.
What are you waiting for? Preventing hair loss can be as simple as adding these six yummie foods to your diet. For the best results, try to get five to six servings of these hair loss prevention super foods in your diet daily.
Till next time Kellie Growing Younger Every Day
 http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3678013/  http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/75/2/179.full  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2929555/