How To Curl Your Hair Without Using Heat, Curlers, Or Rods*
Curls are in this season. Heck, they are in every season and there is always a time and place for curls! And curls can look flattering on anyone.
For those who were not born with natural curly hair, they resort to treatments, such as perms, or use curling irons to achieve what they are looking for. On the other hand, these treatments and the extreme heat can do your lovely locks more harm than good.
So, what can you do? Straight hair or curly hair? (Hey, even curly hair needs to be trained in order to behave properly.) Thankfully, you can achieve the locks of your dreams, and you don’t have to use equipment that utilise heat to achieve this. Is it possible to achieve curls without involving heat?
The answer here is, yes!
Of course this can be done, and here’s how you do it. First things first, you need to ask yourself what you want to achieve? If you just want light and easy waves, you should do the following: 1. Your locks should be damp.
2. Brush hair thoroughly and, divide it into two sections.
3. Tightly twist each section, and roll them up into buns on the side of your head.
4. Using clips or a tie, let it set overnight, or for a few hours. The choice is completely yours!
5. Once it’s dry, you can now untie or unclip it and enjoy your light waves! If you want spiral curls, here’s how you can achieve them:
1. Thoroughly wash, and condition your hair, as you would usually do on a regular basis.
2. Towel dry, until it’s damp.
3. Divide your locks into two sections.
4. Keep twisting one side of your hair until it is tight, and pin it in place. If pins are unavailable, a hair tie will work as well. Repeat the process on the opposite side.
5. You can keep it in overnight, or wait between 4 to 6 hours until it is completely dry.
6. Remove your tie or clips, and enjoy your spiral curls! Why not try the sock bun? Yes, there is such a thing as a sock bun! Go big and beautiful while you sleep with these easy steps:
1. First, put your hair in a ponytail.
2. Using a sock, put it at the ends of your hair, and roll it up over the sock.
3. Since clips won’t be necessary, you can just sleep on it, and not worry about any discomfort since the sock is soft.
4. Upon waking up, take off the sock, and enjoy your voluminous and curly locks! Are there more products you can use? You can also use additional products, such as rollers to achieve more variations. If you want big and lengthy curls, you should have big rollers. If small and short curls are more of your thing, then you should opt for the small rollers.
The trick here is to wait while your hair sets. No matter what you use, you need to be patient. The general rule here is, the longer you wait, the more pronounced the curls will be. Trust me on this one; it will all be worth it, because you are sparing your hair from extreme heat and damage.
Now, try some of them out, and enjoy the results that you are going to achieve!
Til Next Time
Growing Younger Everyday!