Here is a super easy to prepare, almost gluten free, totally nutritious and tasty granola recipe you will adore. If you suffer from addictions, tread lightly, as this may be your match!
Why this granola is so addictive, is because of the flavor, which, just happens to be amped up by none other than olive oil. By using EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), a good dose of kosher salt and the natural sweetness of maple syrup, you get this sweet salty – earthy experience that keeps everyone coming back for more!
This recipe features pistachios, a nut cultivated for thousands of years, which has one of the highest protein to fat ratios of any nut and a delicious natural sweetness – so much so that you can easily cut back on the maple syrup, to your taste.
No added sugar, unless you want to, and a fantastic harmony of flavors – you will not be able to stop eating this one!
Makes between 7 and 14 servings, depending upon your portion size.
• 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• 1 ½ cups raw pistachios, hulled
• 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds, hulled
• 1 cup coconut chips
• ¾ cup pure maple syrup
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
• ¾ cup chopped dried apricots
• ½ lightly packed brown sugar (optional)
• Fresh ricotta, for serving (optional)
• Fresh berries, for serving (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, combine everything except the apricots. If you want the brown sugar, add it now. Mix well.
2. Spread your granola evenly into a deep baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes. Stir the mixture every 10 minutes till toasty.
3. Once cooled, pour the mixture into a large bowl and add apricots. Serve with ricotta and fruit, if desired.
I am sure you will love this as much as I do! And everyone else does!
Till Next Time
Growing younger everyday!