Craving a tasty dish that’s part salad and part soup? Then you must try “Beans and Greens”! And it’s so easy to make and so delicious!
• 2 cloves of minced or chopped garlic
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil (your favorite)
• 1 chopped onion
• ¼ teaspoon of red pepper flakes (optional if you don’t like spicy)
• ¾ cup chicken stock/broth - can be substituted with vegetable broth is desired
• 1 can of 15 ounces of cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
• 2 cups kale (you can substitute escarole or spinach)
• Salt and pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in large skillet. Add garlic and onions. Saute until tender. Then add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Next, add kale until it wilts. Last, add cannellini and chicken stock. Simmer for ten minutes.
Serve plain with crusty bread, pita crackers or pita bread. Alternatively, serve over rice.